Best Biryani Recipe | How to make Mutton Biryani
Biryani is one of the most popular dishes in Asian Countries. It is made with rice, chicken or meat curry. Today, i am sharing my best biryani recipe with you all. Learn how to make mutton biryani at home by FM’s Bawarchi Khana. This biryani recipe is easy to make and best for both beginners and cooking experts. Every time, you will make this mutton biryani, you will be surprised with the results.
Mutton Biryani Recipe Ingredients:
Biryani Masala Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg mutton/beef
- 3 large sized onions
- 3 large sized tomatoes
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 1 tbsp. ginger paste
- 1 tbsp. garlic paste
- 4 glasses of water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 black cardamom
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 green cardamom
- 2 Pipli
- 8 to 10 whole black pepper
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup tamarind pulp
- 1/4th tsp garam masala powder
- 1 green chili
- 1 tbsp. fresh coriander
Biryani rice ingredients:
- 1/2 kg rice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
Things you need for layering biryani:
- Boiled rice
- Mutton curry
- Mint leaves
- Fresh coriander
- Green chilies
- Orange food color
Method of making Biryani:
- Add meat, onion, tomatoes, green chilies, ginger paste, garlic paste, water, salt, red chili powder, red chili flakes, turmeric powder, black cardamom, and cooking oil in pressure cooker. Mix all the ingredients.
- Now, let the whistle blows for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare special masala for biryani recipe, add green cardamom, pipli and nutmeg in grinder and make a fine powder.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the heat and let all the steam goes out from pressure cooker. After that, open pressure cooker.
- Turn on the heat again. and cook until all the water dries up.
- And add black pepper, cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaf, coriander seeds and 1 tsp cumin. mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add oil in masala and cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add special masala in mutton curry and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Now add, 1 cup yogurt and cook until all the water of yogurt dries up.
- After that add tamarind pulp and cook until all the water dries up.
- Lastly, add garam masala powder, green chilies, and coriander in masala. cook well for 5 to 10 minutes until the gravy leaves oil
How to boil biryani rice:
- Add water in big utensil, then add salt, cumin, and vinegar in it. let the water boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, add 2 glasses of soaked rice in water and cook until they are 75% done. Make sure to soak rice for at least 30 minutes before boiling them.
- Once they are 75% done, strain them and keep them aside.
How to layer biryani:
- In a big utensil, add some biryani masala and oil, then add a layer of rice, mutton curry, green chilies, coriander and mint leaves.
- Repeat the same process again.
- On the top, add green chilies, coriander, mint leaves and some orange food color.
- Now, place a gridle on stove and place biryani utensil over it. cook on low heat for 15 minutes. Your delicious mutton biryani is ready to serve.
Note: You can add French fries, boiled eggs and fried onion in biryani layers too.
If you want to try Shan Bombay Biryani then You can find its recipe on my blog under the category of Cooking Recipes.
Do try this best biryani recipe at home. If you have any query then you can ask freely in the comment section. I hope you will try the recipe and share your feedback. Thank You!
FM’s Bawarchi Khana
2 thoughts on “Best Biryani Recipe | How to make Mutton Biryani”