Best Chana Pulao Recipe | Chanay Walay Chawal
Chana pulao is a Pakistani famous dish and is also known as chanay walay chawal. Today, i am sharing how to make chana pulao at home in an easy and simple way. Let’s look at the ingredients which we need to make our yummiest White chickpeas rice recipe.
Chana Pulao Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 cup oil
- 5 onions
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 5 tomatoes
- 3 chopped green chilies
- 6 tsp salt
- 3 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp. coriander seeds
- 6 to 7 whole black pepper
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 green cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 7 glasses of water + chickpeas water
- 1 kg rice
To boil chickpeas, you need:
- White chickpeas 1/2 kg
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
Step by Step Recipe of making Chana Pulao:
- First of all, take a pressure cooker and add white chickpeas, salt, cooking oil and water in it. Now, let the whistle blows for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, wait until the pressure of steam escapes from the cooker and then open the lid. Your boiled chickpeas are ready to cook.
- Now, to prepare chickpeas masala, take a big utensil and add 1 cup cooking oil and thinly sliced onions in it. cook onions on medium heat until they are crispy golden brown. At this stage, add 1/2 cup of water in it and cover the lid. By doing this, onions will release their color in oil.
- Then add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After that add tomatoes, green chilies, salt, red chili powder, red chili flakes, turmeric powder. Now cook masala for 5 to 6 minutes until the tomatoes become soft and tender.
- After 5 to 6 minutes, add dried spices which include, cumin, coriander seeds, coriander powder, garam masala powder, cloves, cinnamon stick, black and green cardamom, bay leaf and whole black pepper in masala and cook until masala leaves oil.
- Once masala is done, add boiled chickpeas along with 1/2 cup boiled chickpeas water in masala and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes and 7 glasses of water and chickpeas water. Allow the water to boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, add 1 kg soaked rice in it and cook on high heat until 90% of the water dries up.
- At this point, take a heavy bottom griddle and place it on stove and make sure that your flame should be low too. Place Pulao utensil on griddle and cook pulao for 15 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, mix your chana pulao and then again cover the lid and cook for more 5 minutes on low heat.
- After 5 minutes, take out delicious chanay walay chawal in a plate and enjoy.
Note: Soak rice for 30 minutes in water before you use them.
I hope you will try the recipe at home and share your feedbacks here in the comment section.
Furthermore, Muharram is here and people often make chana pulao on 9th and 10th of Muharram Ul Haram for niyaz langar. So, i tried my best to share this quick and easy chana pulao complete written and video demonstration with you all before 9th and 10th of Muharram. You can adjust the quantity according to your desire but the method would remain the same.